Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
This position is responsible for performing Quality Engineering duties in support of hydraulic products fabrication, assembly, and test.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Provide Quality Assurance support to Suppliers, Customers and internal functions including Manufacturing, Assembly & Test cells and participates in continuous improvement activities in targeted areas
Support internal capabilities in compliance with management, customer and agency goals and objectives.
Improve system and process performance feedback using trend, Pareto and other quality tools.
Participate in cross-functional teams to solve chronic system problems or production non-conformances.
Provide customer interface for quality issues.
Control non-conforming material in accordance with Eaton procedures.
Flow down external/internal quality requirements to all functions.
Verify first articles, capability studies, DFMEA and PFMEA to ensure compliance to customer requirements and producibility standards.
Develop quality planning with respect to Eaton and customer requirements. Ensures compliance with quality requirements in product development gate review meetings.
Support continuous improvement initiatives.
Support the development of test fixtures, inspection fixtures, and determines gaging needs.
Support internal audit requirements in accordance with Eaton procedures.
Maintain quality work instructions and procedures.
Assist in achieving objective as detailed by Quality Management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a quality engineer working with quality systems.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or technical.
- Experience in Aerospace electromechanical or hydraulic systems
- Experience with FRACAS and reliability reporting.
- Experience in contract review, Quality Planning, failure analysis and corrective action.
- Working knowledge of AS9100.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma tools.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time