Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a HR Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
As a member of the Extended Leadership Team, the primary function of the HR Supervisor is to directly assist the HR Manager in the development, implementation and administration of HR policies and programs to support the business objectives of a manufacturing facility and support teams within Sumter, SC facility. This role provides leadership in the effective administration of recruitment & selection, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, affirmative action, and other HR processes. This role is also responsible for evaluating policies, processes, and practices, and driving continuous improvement efforts within the function.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Engage in proactive employee relations strategies and initiatives; Drive activities to promote engagement with employees at all levels including providing counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues and investigate and resolve employee relations matters.
- Support managers and supervisors in the recruiting process for professional and production team members and lead efforts for contingent work assignments via Barpellam.
- Implement and administer policies and procedures consistent with the facility’s inclusion & diversity initiatives, including driving actions to achieve affirmative action goals and leading outreach efforts by promoting and maintaining relationships with civic and educational institutions. This will include assisting in the development of the Affirmative Action Plan and related reports/documentation and leading local Eaton Resource Groups (ERG’s)
- Provide proactive coaching and counsel to supervisors, extended staff, and others regarding handling employee matters.
- Provide day-to-day direction, coaching, and mentorship to the Senior HR Generalist (direct report).
- Provide support in the areas of compensation and benefits: salary administration, proposing merit adjustments, developing range recommendations, assisting with wage surveys and communications, and helping employees with benefits questions and escalations.
- Assist on special projects as needed, including support of ongoing Continuous Improvement Framework efforts; participating in CI events and local audits.
- Coordinate and administer the performance management process for production teams, providing guidance to supervisors and managers on development planning and assisting in coordinating the OCA (Organizational Capability Assessment) processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 3 years of professional level experience in a progressive Human Resources environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including use of discretion, tact and judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively navigate and influence sensitive situations.
- Organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple priorities in an extremely fast paced work environment
- Understanding of Federal and State employment and labor laws
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word skills
- Flexible to support alternate shifts as needed
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time