Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Regional Category Manager, Indirect to join our team.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within Supply Chain, the Regional MRO Category Manger, Indirect is responsible for the category supply chain cost and supplier performance at up to 200 locations in the North America region. The role with have a personal responsibility to manage a category or sub-commodity spend ranging from approximately $75m to $150m from a total regional category spend of $700m.
- You will manage a program of supply chain projects for the category / categories to meet business requirements.
- You will implement and execute projects using standard approach and processes working within multifunctional teams across multiple locations within the Americas region.
- You will manage supplier relationships to meet cost and supplier performance requirements.
- You will collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders to identify requirements and ensure supply chain meets the business requirements.
- You will manage contract renewals and negotiations to meet commercial, schedule and regulatory requirements.
- You will implement and sustain standard tools and processes to increase productivity and efficiency.
- You will leverage category expertise to support the development of a regional category strategy to meet business requirements including cost reduction, supplier performance, working capital and supplier reduction objectives.
Must Have (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years' professional experience in Supply Chain, Category Management or Procurement within the Indirect MRO Category of a Large Manufacturing Organization
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States on an on-going basis without Company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius an Eaton US facility will be considered
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration from an accredited institution
- Professional supply chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience in a similar Regional role in a large complex industrial manufacturing environment
- Prior demonstration of strong sourcing and supplier management knowledge, experience and depth of knowledge in the MRO Category and/or sub-commodities
- Successful track record managing and executing supply chain programs and/or projects
- Excellent negotiations knowledge, skills, and experience. Prior experience with high-value supplier negotiations (contracts and issues)
- Demonstrated understanding of indirect supply chain management, strategic requirements, challenges and solutions to win
- Knowledge of supplier contract construction and contract management process
- Ability to leverage data and analytics to make informed decisions, including advanced use of desktop analytics tools (e.g. Excel, Power Pivot and Power BI, Access and PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Lean methodology preferred with a demonstrated continuous improvement mindset
- Strong communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, engineers, operations and supply chain management personnel.
- Ability to execute in a matrix environment with strong influencing skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time