Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager- Lighting Systems to join our team! This position is based at our Atlanta (Midtown) or Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the product development activities aligned with the Lighting Division’s Connected Buildings strategy. This will include on-time delivery of high quality products from their development team as well as managing and developing the team. This role encompasses all aspects of product development including the mechanical and electrical team working groups, research into new technologies and protecting our research investment by filing intellectual property. This leader will play a critical role in ensuring Eaton delivers a high quality product, using world class development processes, and rigorous validation testing in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be responsible for on-time, on-budget and on-spec delivery of new product development to fuel the rapid growth of our smart buildings group.
- Oversee the planning and allocation of resources for projects and provides scheduling, man-power, asset allocation, budgets and effort estimates for his teams work.
- Be responsible for leadership, mentoring and recruiting a highly skilled engineering staff.
- Influence the technical strategy for current and future product releases.
- Identify emerging technologies for use in new product development.
- Oversee development of product requirements, specifications, and use cases, using fact-based input from diverse sources including customers, sales, engineering, market research, industry standards, etc.
- Support existing products.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of commercial electronics product development
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Proven track record of successfully delivered solutions
- Previous hands-on experience in development; including electrical, mechanical, firmware/software, systems and testing
- Developed leadership, team building, and collaboration skills
- History of good decision making demonstrating sound judgment
- Excellent understanding of project/program management principles
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time