Eaton’s Airport Lighting division is currently seeking a Lead Architect for Electrical Products to join our team. This position is based at our Windsor, CT facility.
The Lead Architect for Electrical Products is responsible for architecting and designing our worldwide airport lighting and control product lines. The successful candidate will lead the continuing development of our electronics hardware platform for airfield lighting and control products including power supplies, regulators, and control system components. The candidate should be experienced in power management and power control systems including switching regulators as well as the design of analog and digital control electronics which utilize embedded controllers. These innovative products range in power from 50W up to 20kW.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Design and develop new electronic solutions for products to meet internal and external customer requirements for advancement of the Airport Lighting product offerings.
- Support refinements to existing products including component obsolescence to maintain competitiveness of the product lines.
- Collaborate across engineering disciplines and other functions of the business to ensure products meet schedule, budget, performance and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) objectives.
- Maintain technical leadership skills in subject area through ongoing self-training and company assigned training.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of comprehensive design reviews, design analysis & documentation, qualification and validation testing of work output to meet program/project requirements, specifications, quality/reliability, and successful product release.
- Support all aspects of product introduction as needed from an electrical engineering perspective.
- Proactive reporting on project efforts to maintain project plan fidelity.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required for customer meetings, gain competitive insights, installation and/or commissioning.
- Responsible for directing colleagues from remote engineering team, regarding electrical engineering design and documentation activities for defined projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university
- Minimum of five (5) years in an electrical / hardware engineering role
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Windsor, CT, will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with design and testing of digital communication hardware: CAN, RS485, USB, I2C, SPI, MODBUS (and other industrial interfaces).
- Experience utilizing simulation tools such as PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
- Experience in EMI/EMC testing and mitigation.
- Familiarity with wireless communications and programming (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- Experience using Altium for PCB layout
- Familiarity with airfield lighting systems and specifications including FAA, TP312, and ICAO.
- Experience with Texas Instruments C2000 MCUs, TI MSP430, TI Tiva, ARM Cortex M4.
- Experience in PLC programming and industrial control systems.
- Basic understanding of power systems analysis and control: VA, power factor, power transfer efficiency, using and controlling transformers, power switching circuitry, etc.
- Analog circuit design and analysis skills including Op Amps, filters, power supply components.
- Digital circuit design and analysis skills including microprocessor circuits and communication interfaces.
- Working understanding of thermal management techniques, calculations and methods.
- Experience with schematic entry and familiarity with PCB layout best practices and tools.
- Hands-on troubleshooting and bench skills including testing and debugging of hardware.
- Computer literate and familiar with the following: MS Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analyzers).
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment required and comply with all Eaton Safety policies
- Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in English
- Must be able to work with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time