Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, MS. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Materials Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating activities of personnel engaged in Shipping, Receiving, and Stores in an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors, inventory control administrators, and 70-90 hourly employees. The Materials Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. They will carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Organizes, supervises, and directs the work of Stores and central supply personnel engaged in receiving, issuing, and delivering supplies and equipment.
- Organizes, Manages, and directs the work of Shipping supervision staff and manpower balance. This includes billing process with high attention to accuracy.
- Organizes, Manages, and directs the work of Receiving supervision staff and manpower balance.
- Manages and coordinates all relationships and contracts with remote warehouse/s.
- Assists in responses to expedites requests.
- Responsible for entire fleet of material handling equipment (80-100 pieces of equipment).
- Manages and coordinates all local logistics and works with our central traffic department on international shipments.
- Responsible for Inventory control and cycle count process (four (4) dedicated cycle counters that follow an A/B/C cycle count process).
- Arranges for the ethical disposal of surplus materials (E&O).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a materials function is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management or supervisory role is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- SAP experience
- CPIM certification
- 5+ years in materials function, including inventory control
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time