Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Repair Station Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Engineering Manager will plan, coordinate, and direct the technical activities to support the Pneumatic Ducting Repair Station. The incumbent will have broad responsibility including ensuring strong internal processes, the development of specific repair schemes, including obtaining FAA/EASA/CAAC approval via a Consultant DER and targeted business capture activities. Provide technical support and assistance to the Ducting Repair Station. The incumbent acts as a technical staff resource in the designing processes and equipment to produce assigned products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assure growth targets are achieved through development of FAA/EASA/CAAC approved repairs.
- Work with Sales Team on targeted repair business capture activities.
- Develop technical relationship with key end customer R&O personnel
- Maintain close liaison with the repair station functions during the development of new repairs. Provide ongoing support to resolve design related production problems and non-conformance to product repairs specifications.
- Assure that repair station engineering practices are being followed per applicable standards.
- Review project/task and departmental operating expenses to assure they are kept to a minimum and within budget.
- Promote and coordinate design and drafting activities with the Batam based Engineering Services Team and EIEC (Pune, India) Engineering Team.
- Review customer returned units, identify the problem and implement the corrective action.
- Initiate and promote generation of new ideas and document appropriately for possible future patent application and protection.
- Focus on managerial concerns of projects such as cost, completion date, and resource allocation. Conduct project reviews as needed to ensure acceptability and manufacturability of product.
- Provide team support to the ESJV ducting repair station. Provide technical guidance and support new repair development for Beltsville and ESJV.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing or MRO environment OR Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution and minimum of 3 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing or MRO environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Master's degree in Engineering and minimum of 5 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing or MRO environment
- Experience working in a FAA, EASA or CAAC repair station
- Knowledge of ducting design, manufacturing methods (in-house and sub-contracted), assembly equipment, testing and material science.
- 3D-CAD experience, CATIA V5 preferred. Experience with Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- The ability to effectively supervise people and motivate subordinates, while maintaining organizational harmony and meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Six Sigma methodology, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), tolerance allocation and lean manufacturing methods is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in FAA and other regulatory agency requirements for a Part 145 Repair Stat
Please note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station Certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time