The Sustaining Engineer provides support to Post Sales team and works with Quality team to debug field issues for our Connected Lighting products and Controls.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support post sales technical issues
- Resolve quality issues related to components or manufacturing
- Troubleshoot field related technical issues
- Test and evaluate lighting fixtures, control circuits, IOT circuits, and various critical electrical components
- Implement factory testing plans
- Prototype, Bread board and build Proof-of-Concepts
- Support Production needs for any design related issues / improvements.
- Complete designs, maintain document control processes, change notice (ECN) releases and creating BOMs & part number set up.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 months of Engineering work experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- At least 1 year of experience in analog and digital circuits
- Knowledge of power electronic concepts and switch mode power supply theory of operation
- Knowledge of control systems for lighting products
- Knowledge of I2C, SPI, UART, PCIE, SDI, USB, and other communication protocols
- Knowledge of memory devices such as SNOR, NAND, DDR
- Knowledge of basic IOT theory, specific understanding of BLE and Zigbee radios
- Experience in writing scripts for test automation
- Experience in writing automated testing equipment (ATE) code
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to work independently as an individual contributor as well as a team member
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time