If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer – Component Engineering in Eaton’s business, based in Pune ,India . In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Demonstrates the application of basic Engineering tools/ principles and evidence of creative thinking (Part selection process Component validation process, Review of Bill of Materials for Obsolescence management and Should costing)
· Creates new part in PLM system by using computer assisted Engineering, design software, and ECAD tools
· Responsible for activity planning, execution and closing of assigned activities
· Makes and keeps commitments of deliverables release dates by holding self and others accountable
· Confers with manufacturing, Product teams, Supply Chain vendors, suppliers to develop Should costing
· Design for manufacturability experience
· Builds strong relationships with Stakeholder to define acceptable quality levels and continuously manages the expectations of stakeholders.
· Total relevant work experience 4+ years.
· Requires a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in engineering in electronics/electrical/instrumentation with 4+ years of experience.
· Participated in full lifecycle product development of product utilizing electronic components.
· Experience in production soldering and electronics PCB manufacturing and assembly processes including reflow, wave and selective soldering.
· knowledge of electrical & electronic components – Surface Mount & through Hole.
· Experience of Part miner (IHS)/Silicon Expert tool is an added advantage
· Participated in Vendor selection efforts for product components.
· Participated in Part selection efforts for product components.
· Familiarity with Taxonomy of various part types.
· Familiarity with attributes of various electronic components
· Awareness of CIS / CIP database, thermal management, Enclosure designs.
· Familiarity with application of various testing methods of electronic parts.
· Knowledge of Environmental Compliances like, ROHS and REACH
· OMS (Obsolescence Management System) Tools knowledge
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time