As a member of the PCD’s Design Services Team, lead the creation of successful mechanical designs of low and medium voltage industrial circuit breakers using Pro/Engineer Creo 2.0. Including, but not limited to, generating 3D concept models, final industrialized designs, detailed drawing specification packages and bill of material creation under the guidance of project engineers.
- Create robust and flexible 3D CAD models to support department engineering project teams. Perform modelling and simulation to compare, evaluate and select concepts for development.
- Produces design layouts and documentation for the construction and testing of prototype models and evaluates designs for fits, tolerance stack, volume, etc., using CAD tools
- Design parts for molding, stamping, machining, casting, extrusion, and powder metal using standard materials. Optimize part and assembly designs for performance, manufacturability and cost.
- Create and revise engineering drawings of parts and assemblies to support manufacturing tooling, fixtures, equipment, and the inspection of components. Participate in print reviews.
- Control engineering documentation and models using engineering change orders within a product data management system including CAD data vault.
- Provide CAD-based illustrations for presentations, manufacturing instructions, and product literature.
- Maintain current knowledge of CAD, design/manufacturing technologies applicable to the product line and cross-train to share knowledge across the team.
- Apply industry and team standards/best practices to modeling, drawing and data management to support global collaboration.
- Assist in creating, measuring and evaluating prototypes to identify and resolve design problems
- Create functional dimension and tolerance schemes with consideration of manufacturing process capability.
- Share knowledge and mentor less experienced designer.
- Associate Degree in a Mechanical Drafting or related field from an accredited institution
- 2 years of experience working in engineering-based drafting/design or 2 years of experience working with 3D CAD software
- Knowledge in mechanical design
- Computer knowledge: 3D CAD package (Pro/E Creo, SOLIDWORKS, etc.), AutoCAD and MS Office applications
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ADMIN Administrative
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time