Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Sherman, TX facility.
The Quality Manager will provide overall quality leadership to the organization. This position will drive the continuous improvement efforts throughout the operation in support of Total Quality Leadership and the Eaton Business System. This position will provide quality support to customers, suppliers, partners and the support/service functions of the organization. This position will manage the Quality strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous production and improvement of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and implement a Quality organizational structure capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the local Plant and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short and long-term improvement plans.
- Support the operation in the implementation and improvement of the local Quality Management System.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective/preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback (Customer and Division) – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Eaton Business System (EBS) with expertise in the tools related to Quality (e.g. – EQS, BSC, EBEA, Corporate Quality Policy, Ethics, Vision, Mission, Values, Philosophy, Organizational Capability Assessment, and Corporate Accounts). Appropriate levels of this knowledge must be transferred to all subordinates as part of their personal development.
- Guide the deployment and integration of the Eaton Quality System (EQS) into the local Quality Management System.
- Evaluate key organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard (e.g. – Customer Returns DPPM, Internal Quality, Scrap, Warranty, Cost of Nonconformance, and Supplier Quality) and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Participate as a member of the leadership team in the
deployment of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools, including the Eaton
Business Excellence Assessment process.
Provide support to the Supply Chain Management organization relative to Supplier Quality activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the Division.
- Lead the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- Provide expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools/methods to the other functions of the organization to support them in their continuous improvement activities.
- Recommend new technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of quality assurance and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product/process specifications to determine standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- Manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the quality function of the organization. This includes the development and implementation of training programs to build “bench strength” in the organization.
- Manager the budget of the Quality organization.
- Play an integral role in directing the Continuous Improvement activities of the facility.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in a Quality function
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship both now and in the future.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Sherman, TX facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Quality
- Five (5) years of experience in a quality function in a manufacturing setting
- Three (3) years of experience leading and/or directing the activities of others
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence or Six Sigma Black/Green Belt certification.
- Experience with Web-based supplier performance evaluation systems.
- APQP certification
- A minimum of 3 years experience with various new part approval processes, various failure modes and effects analysis’, DOE, and SPC.
- ISO experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience supervising and/or managing people.
- A minimum of 3 years progressive experience in manufacturing operations involving machining and mechanical assembly activities.
- Experiential evidence of the ability to achieve positive organizational cultural change.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support manufacturing requirements.
- Superb problem solving skills and the ability to teach.
- The ability to work in teams and communication skills.
- This ideal candidate will be detailed, analytical, and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, motivate, coach and train people in varying production disciplines to achieve improved overall performance.
- Phase gate type new product release processes, Lean six sigma systems, Quality management system standards.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time