Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Equipment Operator 1 to join our team. This position is on 1st shift which is M-F 7:00am – 3:30pm with options to work voluntary Over Time. This position is located at Airdrie, Alberta facility.
Reporting to the Fabrication Production Manager, this position is responsible for operating large punch presses, press brakes and spot welding necessary in producing parts for production.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate machines for punching specific parts. In addition, you will set up and operate various machines in the copper shop for specific parts, e.g. shear, drilling machine.
- Move raw materials from warehouse to work stations and material tower when required. Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Set up programs and machine operation for specific parts and dynamic nests. This includes selecting proper tools, orientation and clearances, and change tooling as required.
- Ensure long term integrity of the equipment by performing regular preventative maintenance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using CNC and/or steel manufacturing equipment such as brake press, punch press and spot welder.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship now and within the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 80 km radius of Airdrie will be considered.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cross train and continue learning.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with machines and punch presses
- Ability to recognize quality issues and make judgements.
- Experience using FINN Power computer console and associated components and asset.
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No