Eaton’s Marina Power & Energy division is currently seeking a Production Powder Coat Painter to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform industrial painting and powder coat painting processes on production materials in accordance to specifications.
- Prepare material for painting operations by mixing coatings in proper quantities and viscosities; unpackages, cleans, moves, and jigs product as necessary.
- Apply specified coating to products. Utilizes print specification and appropriate measuring tools to perform work accurately and assure quality.
- Thoroughly clean all painting equipment as required to maintain in proper working order.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- Move material as needed to complete responsibilities using material handling carts.
- Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of quality verification checklist.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an industrial manufacturing environment using industrial powder paint systems utilizing a paint air gun with textured paints
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel
- The employee is frequently required to climb and reach above shoulder level
- The employee is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- The employee is frequently required to push/pull up to 50 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to push/pull greater than 50 pounds
- Team player and able to collaborate with others to effectively complete work assignments per customer orders
- Saturday and daily overtime is required frequently
- Willingness to participate in training opportunities
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No