Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Power Electronics Team Manager you will be responsible for not only leading and directing a team of engineers and internal projects but also developing effective cross-organization relationships, efficient collaboration and communication across business and with stakeholders. You will also ensure that quality, financial targets, productivity, and technology objectives are met when supporting the design and development of Power Electronics products
Your key deliverables :
• Leads and directs a team of engineers and projects to achieve stated goals and objectives.
• Monitors and reports overall performance of a team and projects.
• Creates performance-based culture encouraging the team to develop measurable goals and objectives that support the power electronics strategies
• Utilize and promote the tools associated with the Eaton Business System to ensure that engineering processes and product designs are competitive on a worldwide basis with respect to cost, performance, quality, time-to-market and reliability for electronics. Actively lead improvement projects that result in significant reduction in time-to-market and overall improvements in engineering productivity.
• Attracts, coaches, and mentors team members and strengthens technical capability of the team
• Drives engineering excellence both in EEIC power electronics team and the BU’s teams.
• Supports the global managers to develop power electronics strategy, direction, and priorities. Creates action plans to drive strategies to realization.
• Stays current with the latest power electronics technologies and business trends, applies knowledge to motor drives, power conversion and protection applications, and creates new opportunities
• Bachelor´s or Master´s Degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 15 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development
• Minimum 5 years of experience in managing people
• Proven track record of leadership skills and technical capability
• Hands on experience with power electronics development and testing
• Broad knowledge in power electronics designs including topology, analog/digital circuit, thermal management, control, and firmware
• Experience working with universities on joint R&D projects
• Design for Six Sigma certification
• Good understanding of power semiconductors, magnetics design, Understanding of power electronics application areas like uninterruptible power supplies and electric vehicles
• Understanding of global compliance standards
• Fluent in oral and written English
What Eaton offers:
• Contract in fast growing global company
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time