If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Area Sales manager Mining in Eaton’s MTL business, based in Delhi, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Responsibility for the region sales by product line targets in line with the budgets
- Responsibility as part of the India sales team for global sales & profit plan
- Coordinate and manage local project pursuit with the other HAC regions
- Responsibility for the project pursuit activity in Globally for mining activity
- Manage CRM tool, project and customer databases
- Agree a business plan with the PLM with specific objectives of developing top line sales in the given territory areas – defined by customer and by growth product areas, also delivering standard margin objectives.
- Visit customers and key decision makers in line with the current sales strategy of the company.
- Identify new business development opportunities and potential new routes to market, developing a business development strategy relating to the sales objective.
- Visit and manage specific key accounts on a local basis, being aware of the business relationships that may exist with their external customers and the major projects in which they are a part.
- Plan territory and strategic actions in line with company specific agreed objectives
- Attend periodic sales reviews with the Sales Director and quarterly sales meetings with the rest of the sales team in order to monitor progress, agree actions and specific objectives for the following quarter.
- Work within the company’s pricing policy at all times, liaising closely with the Internal sales Department to ensure that all special prices / deals are registered in the office.
- In-depth knowledge of mining market, end users, System Integrators and resellers. Must understand mining process, how end users function their decision-making process and the complex nature of the major projects; also key issues affecting mining markets.
- An Electrical and Electronics Engineer with 10 years’ experience of selling, probably working for multi-national companies, in Mining, Explosion Protected Electrical Equipment or System Integrator companies. Must have working knowledge on Intrinsically safe communication equipment used for mining.
- They will know the mining markets and the customers as well as the key issues affecting the markets. They will also have demonstrable experience in working with these markets so that they understand the decision-making process and the complex nature of the major projects.
- Experience with Engineering and Procurement Contractors and OEM’s and a proven track record in their activities from front end design to project execution will be a major part of this role.
- It is a requirement that the person holding this position will be technically competent within the mining (specially intrinsically safe components/systems) hazardous area environment, understanding certification and legislation issues in and around that area.
- A high degree of cooperation and team work with other Eaton Divisions in the region will be essential. The candidate will therefore be required to demonstrate the ability to work closely both regionally and Internationally with other team members
- A high degree of competence in use of tools for analysis of data for sales planning purposes – particularly excel, including the creation and use of pivot tables and advanced features, and creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English, Hindi. Knowledge of spoken Bengali language is a must as an added advantage.
- Ability to travel frequently
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: * RV1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD EMEAI
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time