Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Fabrication Technician III- Team Leader 3rd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC
The Fabrication Technician III- Team Leader will layout, make templates, cut off, punch, drill, and tap operating machinery including punch machine, press brake, manual shear, powered industrial vehicles as requested. Must wear proper steel fabrication PPE, such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, material handling gloves, ear protection and long sleeve shirt or cut resistant slip-ons.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Provide guidance and direction for team and team leads to accomplish compliance in Safety, (Life Saving Rules, JSA’s, etc), Quality, and Production expectations.
- Encourage team to use established Employee Idea cards to continuously improve Safety, Quality and Lean.
- Perform direct labor work within your area of responsibility, assembly, fabrication,or support function roles.
- Assist in planning and directing the manufacturing of orders to schedule.
- Maintain high levels of quality in assigned areas of functional responsibility.
- Provide training, instruction, and production-related guidance to employees.
- Assist operations in responding positively to unusual situations, changes, material shortages and varying
- manpower requirements.
- Work closely with Quality teams to ensure the continuing application of EQS standards to products and
- work processes.
- Provide daily tactical oversight to your area(s) of responsibility to understand production
- goals and targets and achieve desired results.
- Lead daily Tier 1 meetings usually after the initial start of shift meeting, after lunch, and after break to share goal results throughout the day.
- Ensure the Visual Boards are continuously maintained to include variances.
- Provide guidance and direction to employees to ensure compliance with 5S+ at the start
- of each shift and 5S+ at the end of every shift.
- Coordinating process checks through each shift.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years electrical assembly/fabrication experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 years of direct experience with low voltage busway assembly/fabrication experience
- 1 years of industrial electrician helper experience
- 2-year degree in manufacturing discipline
- 4 years of electrical assembly experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No