Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Fabrication Technician II- Housing Weld 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility. Note: this is located at the Maxwell Avenue facility.
The Housing Welding Operator will provide knowledge and expertise through the effective set up and operation of machinery. They will be capable of running, maintaining, and adjusting programs for the Maxwell housing weld cell. They must wear proper steel fabrication PPE, such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, material handling gloves, ear protection and long sleeve shirt or cut resistant slip-ons. They will be providing internal and external customers required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely order.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions, as well as input information into data collection system as required.
- Set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (copper, steel, aluminum metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding and brazing equipment, housing welders and housing saw.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement, as well as statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- Frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
- Familiar with all materials used to perform job functions and follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- 1 year of welding experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in running CNC types of equipment.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings.
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices.
- Must demonstrate high learning agility.
- Welding certification or Welding Experience using MIG or TIG equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No