- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions, as well as input information into data collection system as required.
- Set-up and perform metal joining and cutting operations, with ferrous and nonferrous metals such as (copper, steel, aluminum metals), with or without fixtures, using a variety of welding and brazing equipment, housing welders and housing saw.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement, as well as statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- Frequently pushing or pulling up to 100 lbs; frequently lifting up to 50 lbs. In addition use material handling equipment to load, unload, transport, and position heavy loads.
- Familiar with all materials used to perform job functions and follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- 1 year of welding experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience in running CNC types of equipment.
- Previous experience using overhead cranes and fork lifts to move material.
- Ability to read and interpret various fabrication drawings.
- Experience with precision measuring devices such as; calipers, OD/ID and depth gauges, and other measuring devices.
- Must demonstrate high learning agility.
- Welding certification or Welding Experience using MIG or TIG equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No