Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Sustainability Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
Eaton’s vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Our Sustainability Analyst will provide support for the design and governance of enterprise-wide processes, systems, tools and initiatives to embed sustainability into Eaton’s value chain.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist with collecting data for the annual update of our greenhouse gas emissions inventory and other environmental, social and governance (ESG) metrics. You will be tracking and reporting on progress quarterly toward our long-term targets.
- Assist in facilitating our Zero Waste to Landfill program including tracking progress toward our annual and long-term waste goals, connecting sites to information and resources and identifying program barriers and solutions.
- Engage Eaton employees in sustainability and a culture of active environmental stewardship including hosting challenges, supporting green teams, assisting with curating internal sustainability news, maintaining a SharePoint site, sharing information and creating interactive experiences.
- Provide a supporting role in the development of sustainability-related reporting and disclosures as needed including our annual sustainability report and our CDP climate and water disclosures.
- Research, benchmark and summarize sustainability-related issues including ratings, rankings, reporting schemes, initiatives, trends and norms, as well as environmental and social issues related to diversified industrial manufacturing entities as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Master’s Degree in Sustainability from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Corporate Sustainability.
- Knowledge of, and skill in protocols and standards such as Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard and GRI Standards.
- Knowledge of sustainability trends and best practices in the areas of governance, reporting, employee engagement, and environmental footprint reduction.
- Skill in using advanced functions of spreadsheets and presentation software.
- Ability to build relationships across business lines and functional groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders and build internal networks.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time