Coordinate and manage COE engineering activities to support production area performance and results through quality and cost improvements, DFSS deployment, EQS and MESH initiatives.
Deploy design engineering resources to support and manage VAVE and NPI project timelines.
• Provide Maintenance and follow-up to order management systems, including Mapics, Excel spreadsheets, Vista.
• Design Transformers for custom orders, meeting current and applicable standards, including UL, CSA, ABS, NEMA, etc.
• Create and Maintain updated (himself or through others) the manufacturing information (BOM,D-Spec, Winding Sequence, Dwgs) using the different documentation systems (CMS, D-Spec, AS-400, Vista, Mapics, ECN, Acad / Inventor … etc.)
• Review/Approve installation, new assembly, subassembly, and detailed datasets and drawings ensuring adherence to Eaton’s engineering standards and customer requirements.
• Create / Maintain Engineering COE Standards and Processes.
• Apply Eaton best practices and project lessons learned into the COE design process
• Ensure Engineering Control (change management) processes are deployed and followed by the design team. Maintain high level of internal and external communication through participation in design and program reviews, technical discussions and progress reporting.
• Manage and Develop the COE engineering personnel to ensure high level of performance and employee engagement.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- At least 5-10 years of experience in a closely related industry
- Understanding of electrical design techniques
- Transformer Design
- National Electric Code (NEC)
- Six Sigma
- English language (written and spoken)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time