Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Senior Financial Analyst within the Vehicle Group in Galesburg, MI.
The primary function of the Senior Financial Analyst role is to act as a global business partner to the Eaton-Cummins Joint Venture business unit by providing forecasting, planning, accounting and compliance support. The Eaton-Cummins Joint Venture produces industry-leading medium and heavy-duty automated transmission technologies. The Senior Financial Analyst works collaboratively with leadership to complete the month-end closing, coordinate the monthly forecast and develop the annual profit plan for the global Engineering teams.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Support the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals. Consolidates and reviews global spending to ensure that all expenses are recorded accurately between both the parent company and joint venture.
- Coordinate the monthly forecast and annual profit plan by preparing department budgets, reviewing budgets for consistency and completion, analyzing spending trends, tracking headcounts, calculating allocations, completing reporting and preparing presentations.
- Develop global project-based spending reports that include engineering time, labor, material, services and revenue. Works collaboratively with global product line leads to plan and forecast the global project portfolio.
- Assist the engineering team by providing tools to help forecast and plan global engineering resources.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations for product line ledgers.
- Support the engineering team by helping resolve supplier payment issues and provide proactive analysis on open purchase orders and future spending commitments.
- Participate in business reviews with Engineering and HR. Works collaboratively with the Eaton Financial Service Center, Supply Chain and IT to solve problems and provide highly responsive and timely results.
- Analyze key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads
- Work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization. Cross-train with other analysts to build skills and experience across the division finance team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Minimum of two (2) years of accounting and/or finance experience
- Proficiency with Excel
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Must be able to see detail and big picture so that resulting communications and reports describe key risks and drivers as well as details and are prepared and presented in a manner consistent with previously reported data.
- Team-oriented, flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial colleagues to drive business partnering relationship at multiple levels of the organization
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time