Eaton’s Crouse Hinds Division is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, NY facility.
This position is accountable all technical project activities including the execution of high level product design elements for New Product Development projects within Crouse-Hinds. Incumbent leads design projects by collaborating with Marketing, Operations, Sourcing, Eaton India Engineering Center (EIEC), test technicians and other engineers in analyzing customer needs and creating designs to address these needs. Crouse-Hinds utilizes a rigorous new product development (PROLaunch) tollgate process that ensures proper evaluation of the viability of a project throughout the development lifecycle.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead design efforts for Eaton Crouse-Hinds Division’s New Product Development group
- Integrate with the design team and design function to play a full and active part in the design projects, suggesting improvements and ways of accelerating the program and reducing costs. Search for collaboration with other functions or external partners to accomplish the targets she/he is accountable for.
- Develop and manages product cost estimates for new product development projects.
- Provide detail CAD design input: concept design, detail drawings and tolerance validation to meet goals.
- Consult and communicate clearly and timely at all levels within the organization
- Keep up to date on the technologies portfolio relevant to his product line . Keeps also up to date on Competition products and performances.
- Inform supervisor/manager regularly on work progress, cost, risk, scope redirection needs and stay in collaboration with supervisor. Must be a strong team player.
- Ensure full support of ProLaunch process and required documentation for relevant projects. When required participate in the preparation of all Pro-launch gates and sub-processes reviews.
- Should be prepared for occasional travel to suit the need of project reviews, testing etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in prototyping, assembly, mechanical / electrical product testing and measurement(s) analysis.
- 1 year of experience with leading design projects
- 1 year of 3D Modeling experience with SolidWorks
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time