Eaton’s Hydraulics Division is currently seeking a Quality Tech I on our 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based in our Forest City, NC facility.
Responsible for assembling, inspecting hoses and conducting conductivity tests. Sorts defective products. Assists quality containment effort and checks. Maintain records and the manufacturing/production area to comply with regulatory requirements and standard operating procedures. Timely and accurately complete computer transactions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Inspect and measure dimensions of hoses and tubes to verify conformance to specifications using appropriate measuring tools
- Build hose assemblies & conductivity testing according to procedures, perform coil by coil process according to instructions given in a timely manner
- Record footage of each coil and place in box accurately.
- Works closely with quality engineers to assist in quality containment efforts and periodic quality process checks.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to determine material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Forest City, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience operating forklift and pallet jack
Experience using calipers, micrometers, gages, tapes, rulers, and other instruments
- Ability to perform tasks to written procedures
- Ability to read purchase orders, prints and specifications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No