Eaton’s Hydraulic division is currently seeking a Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC facility.
The EHS Manager will be responsible for providing the environmental, health, safety, and security leadership to the Forest City Plant Operations facility with responsibility for over 140 employees. In this role, you will be accountable for: directing EHS activities at his/her location(s); establishing EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements, and; ensuring documents are available in the local languages. The EHS Manager is responsible for: maintaining site ISO14001 certification; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and regulatory agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; directing actions during crises; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved in a timely basis.
- Supervise hourly EHS Technician.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an EHS leadership role within a manufacturing environment
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Preferred Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred certifications include: Occupational Safety and Health Technician (OSHTEC); Associate Safety Professional (ASP); Certified Safety Professional (CSP), CHMM, REM
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only