Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Coamo facility.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible to lead operations for hourly employees and the inherent ability to recognize and act upon challenges and situations that contribute to success in manufacturing operations. These operations include functions such as assembly, packaging, material flow, and coordination of material for the direct manufacturing process. This position is also responsible to drive continuous improvements on high five metrics (Safety, Quality, Customer Services - On-time delivery, Productivity, Inventory Control) and other cost measures through use of the Eaton Business System (EBS) tools.
- Engagement in efforts to influence 100% ownership of safety, accountability, and the sharing of knowledge to a continued focus of creating a Zero Incident workplace.
- Align with Supply Chain the Monthly Production Load taking in considerations assembly capacities
- Lead Weekly Executive Customer Service Meeting to evaluate Production Vs. Load Performance
- You will utilize the Tier Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance and direct day-to-day activities, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- Demonstrated Eaton leadership Attributes in execution of strategic plan initiatives that support profitability, growth, operational excellence, and building organizational capability.
- Lead your team through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate and collaborate with the other Manufacturing Supervisors to schedule overtime and execute to labor plan.
- Coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues, drive accountability, establish and maintain a positive work environment. Engaged employees through application of Eaton’s Leadership model, Ethics.
- Lead internal & external customers communication to meet their needs. Ensure that our products meet the customer requirements using Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), EQS, ProLaunch tools.
- Analyzes and align production daily plans vs. Top Future Offenders and BO Reports.
- Evaluates employees’ performance through Daily Process Check and Apex for Manufacturing.
- Business Flexibility (Cross Training) - Identifies and facilitates training opportunities to avoid business interruption.
- Motivates and makes recognition to employees when necessary. Use Eaton Employee Survey to drive action plans that achieve the Employee Satisfaction, Engagement and Inclusion.
- Analyzes and solves work problems, and/or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Maintains time and production records.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar position
Preferred (Basic) Qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Assembly and Feeders
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge of using Problem Solving Tools like; (A3 / Fishbone / 5 Whys among others)
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic.
- Ability to train and develop hourly team members as well as engage and support team members in problem solving efforts.
- Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met.
- Ability to provide periodic weekend supervision, as needed.
- Good Communication at all levels
- Fluency in the English language
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good sense of judgment
- Knowledge of product
- Knowledge of Personal Computers (Microsoft)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time