The Fluid Electrical Distribution Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Program Manager. This position is based in Rumford, RI. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful execution of the New Product Development Program(s) and projects and their budget allocation. The Program Manager leads Integrated Product Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and the program’s financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this function you will:
- Manage the Profit and Loss of the NPD Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- Establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- Manage effective customer communications, providing overall program interface with the customer, improving organization responsiveness to customer requirements.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for program for financials, quality, technical performance and delivery through all the PROLaunch phases.
- Effectively manage program risk working with IPT teams to define project risks, and pro-actively identify risk mitigation actions.
- Manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization.
- Provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Play a key role in developing new business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Coordinate and monitor a One Eaton Aerospace program technical personnel across multiple sites.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with one (1) year of Program Management or Project Management experience in a new product development (NPD) environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Candidate must be legally authorized to work in United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Experience in Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time