Eaton's Energy Automation Solutions Division is looking for a Software Developer Intern. This position is located at our office in St-Bruno-de-Montarville, Quebec.
As part of a multidisciplinary development team, the internship software developer will participate in the design and development of software and high technology projects in the field of analysis and modeling of electricity distribution networks and renewable energies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Energy Automation Solutions division delivers intelligent energy solutions by combining power systems expertise with innovative technologies to help our customers generate, deliver, and manage energy safely, efficiently, and reliably. EAS provides a range of power delivery and reliability solutions that includes self-healing grid, communicating sensors, substation automation, system planning, advanced metering and demand response solutions designed to increase efficiency in support of grid modernization. The EAS business primarily serves global utility customers and, in some markets, commercial industrial, and renewable energy markets. With a spirit of innovation crossing decades, EAS is proud of its ground-breaking innovations through customer collaboration, long-standing commitment to investing in R&D, and its market recognized Yukon and CYME Software Platforms. The technical skills, innovative thinking and the tireless dedication of our employees around the world are Eaton's greatest resources.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we, as individuals and as a company, are stronger.
- Designs, builds, and maintains efficient, reusable, and reliable code.
- Contributes to the maintenance and development of our software products and solutions.
- Participates in improving development productivity through innovation and automation.
- Develops software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
Writes operational documentation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 80km-radius of St-Bruno, Quebec.
- Knowledge of Web Application Development.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server.
- Very good knowledge of C++ and C#.
- Very good knowledge of graphical user interfaces programming.
- Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Visual Studio development environment and .NET framework.
- Very good knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Fluency in both English and French
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No