CYME International T&D, division of Eaton Corporation, is a world-class Power Engineering Solutions provider with an established reputation for customer responsiveness and technical expertise. Our solutions stand behind thousands of T&D projects in over 100 countries around the world.
CYME offers an extensive line of Power Engineering Software that feature some of the most advanced analysis tools for transmission, distribution and industrial power systems. We offer comprehensive services in order for our customers to fully benefit from the CYME applications in their specific IT environment and to address their engineering analysis needs. This includes engineering studies, assistance to integration and comprehensive training.
Reporting to the Manager, Power System Engineering, the intern will assist the power system engineering team by participating in the design and support of electrical power system analysis software.
- Model electrical networks using the CYME Software
- Validate electrical equipment mathematical model and validate power systems analysis algorithms
- Automate and develop several electrical network for quality assurance (QA) tests
- Support the engineering team in the design and validation of the transmission & distribution (T&D) features
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctoral program in electrical engineering
- Relocation is not offered for this position and candidates must reside within a 80 km radius.
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- BS. or higher degree in electrical engineering is an asset
- Applicants must be knowledgeable in electrical power systems analysis, related mathematical and numerical modeling techniques
- Good oral and written skills in English or French are essential
- Knowledge of Power System Software especially Cyme Power System Software.
- Experience in power system models is desirable. This includes power system models, steady-state analysis (e.g. Load Flow, Short-Circuit…) and sparse matrix models
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG EAS Electrical Automation Solutions
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No