Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Plant Controller to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
The Plant Controller is a key member of the plant leadership team and region/division finance team. The position reports directly to the Plant Manager and functionally to the finance function. This role is instrumental to manage financial performance of Queretaro plant including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, and operational metrics. This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decision, actions and improve operational and financial results. The Plant Controller provides proactive leadership around issues and opportunities. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The Plant Controller provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. This individual is responsible for administrative process improvements within the plant and region/division, creates and implements procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlined efforts and provide increased transparency of financial results. This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the finance function by hiring and developing finance personnel. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
Develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations, review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency.
Maintain integrity of financial reports prepared by the plant.
Advice and counsel plant manager on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and decisions.
Manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
Coordinate the activities needed to comply with the temporary inventory (20 steps process) for the site and meet with all Mexican Customs regulations (Annex 31, Annex 24, Annex 22) and VAT certification
Develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control. Develop, control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities.
Direct ongoing audit and analysis of account balances to ensure and maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting.
Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX.
Evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
Manage hiring, training and development of plant financial staff. Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement.
Manages the deployment of cost saving and other programs to provide operating economies and improve profitability.
Validate and approve payroll payments to employees.
Coordinate treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions.
Ensures that the appropriate plant quality policy and system are thoroughly implemented in the finance function. Ensure all finance responsibilities are defined and communicated throughout the plant with specific responsibilities and appropriate timing. Ensures the deployment of finance standard work.
Comply with requirements of the Environmental and Quality Management Systems while co-responsible to lead and support the MESH processes and develops short-term and long-term goals for EHS risk management at the plant
Promote Safety & Continuous Improvement as a Culture.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- BS degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA/CMA/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-year experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Sound working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and local statutory requirements.
- Knowledge & understanding of Corp, region/division and plant reporting policies
- Technical capability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operational data/reports.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Experience in:
- Gross Sales
- Manufacturing Expense
- Manufacturing Profit
- Operating Profit
- Flex Productivity
- Capital Expenditure
- Forecast accuracy
- Monthly Reconciliations
- Actively participate in continuous improvement programs
- Superior analytical and thinking skills; Intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability.
- Understanding of global business issues, including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols and local customs and duty requirements
- Awareness of other functional roles and responsibilities and how they support Corporate and business Objectives
- A broad-based thinker, with demonstrated strategic agility.
- Relationship builder – internally and externally
- Self-directing, self-motivating - A self-starter, who is results-oriented; one who seizes opportunities when they arise. Competency and self-motivation to Drive for Results.
- Decisive and able to make controversial decisions to achieve greater value
- An agent for change – with managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high attention to detail required – both in terms of English & Spanish written and verbal communication.
- An effective communicator who is comfortable in a high visibility position, and who will act and empower for appropriate organizational change.
- Confident demeanor with the ability to gain the confidence of others, with demonstrated negotiating skills.
- High level of integrity and good common sense. One whom others would consider highly credible. Competency: professional presence.
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them. Provides timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective – Holding Self and Others Accountable.
- Leveraging resources
- Promote Diversity objectives and content where applicable
- Possessing ethics and values; widely trusted; direct and truthful, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and gain confidence.
- Work under the guidelines, policies and process of Eaton's Philosophy, IATF 16949 and ISO 14000 Environmental.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time