aton Corporation has an opening for an:
Indirect Commodity Manager EMEA - Legal, Financial Services and IT
Location: Morges, CH
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As EMEA Commodity Manager you will manage designated categories of Spend within the region, ensuring an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals. This includes supplier sourcing, negotiations, contracting and supplier performance management. Designated categories include Engineering and IT Services, Legal and Financial Services.
You will be responsible for the definition and deployment in conjunction with key stakeholders across all business group of the Sourcing strategy for the designated categories across all countries in EMEA. Moreover, you will lead the regional selection and relationship building with key suppliers, for an effective program management of designated categories within the region and for the year over year reduction in overall total cost of ownership of the same.
Your key deliverables:
• Provides regional leadership, management and oversight for assigned categories on a region wide (EMEA) basis.
• Under the leadership of the EMEA Professional Services Category Lead, in conjunction with respective business unit’s stakeholders and the Corporate IPO Global Category Lead, develop, align and deploy effective key commodity strategies for the related categories, with accountability to positively impact associated annual commodity spend.
• Deliver an annual Cost Out into the businesses P&L & drive Cost Avoidance of inflationary and discretionary spending items (where appropriate), impacting Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for assigned categories, increasing leverage across a rationalized set of preferred supplier partners.
• Responsible to define and document in an Approved Supplier List as either ‘strategic’, ‘approved’ or ‘To Be Right sized’, working collaboratively with business units to convert spend to either ‘strategic’ or ‘approved’ supply base. With this approach, create and leverage a rationalized supply base that covers the majority of spend and is managed at a strategic level in both organizations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business administration or related field
· Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a similar role
· Excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong ability to effectively communicate with Top Managers
· Strong negotiation skills and customer orientation
· Inter-functions interaction in a highly demanding environment
· Fluent in English and at least 1 other European language
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time