Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Product Support Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
A successful candidate will help to guide customers on how to use and troubleshoot the equipment produced out of this facility and lead the development of tools to assist our customers more efficiently.
The Product Support Engineer is responsible for providing technical support from within the Switchgear Support Group for product troubleshooting, facilitating warranty or service issues, and helping to drive closure to customer issues. Products supported include all products produced out of Eaton’s South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Learn about the products produced in South Milwaukee and apply the knowledge of these products to assist customers.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products through training both on-site and off-site; informal and informal.
- Capture information describing customer issues and work with cross-functional teams to ensure customer issues are resolved and tickets are closed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide organization with information relative to trending product questions, issues, etc. from the field.
- Assist in the development of digital tools to enable marketing, sales, and customers to assist customers with questions related to products produced at South Milwaukee.
- Support the marketing team as a technical representative when customers visit the facility.
- Participate and lead customer training of switchgear products.
- Participate in maintaining, improving and expanding our controls lab and associated equipment as well as facilitate safety training for lab access.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering or marketing experience (including co-op, internships, etc)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 2 years of engineering experience (including co-op, internships, etc)
- Service Technician experience in customer service related position
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience in the utility industry
- Experience with distribution protection equipment
Position Success Criteria :
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC application experience including MS Office products
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and quickly set priorities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time