If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Sr. Supply Quality Engineer in Eaton, based in Shanghai.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with suppliers to achieve DPPM targets and zero quality major disruptions due to Supplier quality issues.
- Assure Suppliers have an effective quality system in place. Develop, train and assure understanding of Eaton Business Systems elements that interact with the Supply base.
- Assume leadership and drive strong sense of urgency in the problem solving and countermeasures process when Supplier Quality issues occur.
- Drive proactive Quality Assessment for assuring Suppliers meet quality standards and processes. Deploy leading and lagging KPI reviews for proactively escalate any potential supply or quality risks that can affect product quality or material flow to our factories or to our Customers.
- Team with suppliers to define and document Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, AIAG Process Control Plans and Inspection plans.
- Visit supplier locations to Answer technical questions regarding commodity quality, long-term feasibility or quality certifications.
- Seve as liason between product engineering, sourcing, manufacturing operations, personnel and suppliers.
- Oversee and participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality system surveys, including regular supplier quality audits. Provide timely communication and action plans.
- Develop, implement, and oversee the administration of special programs to recognize and to ensure the use of suppliers who maintain established standards of quality and reliability.
- Assure Control of nonconforming material in accordance with Eaton procedures within Supplier Factories, Warehouses, etc.
- Manage flow down of external/internal quality requirements to suppliers.
- Support and foster continuous improvement initiatives with our Supply Base.
- Support internal audit requirements in accordance with Eaton procedures.
- Apply engineering and manufacturing technical knowledge to help improve supplier activities that can help Eaton’s quality, delivery and cost performance objectives. Provide input as required to Eaton Mfg. Plants receiving inspection in regards of measuring techniques and methods for supplier components.
- Assume lead Quality role in supporting Supplier Development and on-boarding activities
- Responsible for all supplier key metric maintenance and reporting
- Achieve objectives as detailed by Quality Management.
- Identify improvement opportunities for product quality, delivery, performance, cost & safety and work cross-functionally to prioritize for implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical equivalent.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a Supplier Quality or Quality function or Product Design with a high degree of Supplier Quality focus.
- Familiarity with APQP, UL and FM compliance.
- Articulate in English and Chinese languages.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now! #LI-MC3
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time