Eaton Corporation’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Supply Chain Manager - Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division. This role will be based in our Jackson, MS location.
The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for managing key Supply Chain related functions such as materials planning, scheduling, direct/indirect material purchasing, inventory control, warehousing, shipping and receiving. The role will be responsible for managing systems and procedures critical to driving customer on time delivery of final product while balancing inventory and cost. The Supply Chain Manager will create a vision and management system to motivate and develop a diverse workforce.
The Jackson facility is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
- Manage current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- Implement methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
- Manage plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
- Ensure correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
- Manage material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
- Ensure quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate, financial, and customer audit requirements
- Manage physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
- Evaluate performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals and commendations
- Coordinate with central Corporate Supply Chain function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton
- Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to build effective teams; creative thinker
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make effective decisions
- Ability to think strategically and influence others’ decision making
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of the organization (customers, marketing, engineering, quality, and manufacturing) is key.
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment with strong ability to take action and get results.
- Ability to quickly analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year. Change management skills.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, coaching and consulting skills.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- A minimum of three years directly managing a team required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- CPIM, CIRM, C.P.M. and/or PMP certification preferred
- Background and knowledge in Oracle, MFG/Pro, Cognos and other equivalent software packages preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Aerospace industry, complex machined materials management, lean manufacturing, MRP/ERP, and MFG Pro highly preferred
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time