Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a District Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based out of a remote office in one of the following states, to cover the Central Region: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Illinois.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for attainment of Division and Corporate goals for sales growth and profitability through market development, effective direction and management of the activities of our sales agencies and personnel, while providing superior service to our customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and recommend annual sales plans and forecast for individual manufacturers’ representatives, markets, factory territories and region.
- Continually analyze sales levels and trends through market research and initiate pro-active or corrective actions as required to assure attainment of objectives and assuring that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product applications is available to customer
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing or customer fulfillment related experience in an electrical products industry dealing with commercial and industrial customers.
- No relocation assistance is provided. Candidates must reside in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Illinois
- Must be authorized to work legally in the United States without current or future company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of sales management experience
- Experience in the lighting or lighting controls industry
- Experience dealing with manufacturer’s representatives
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working with and proven proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel Word and PowerPoint)
- Well-developed communication, organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Possess a Customer First attitude is also required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time