Eaton’s Power System Division is current seeking a Fabrication Utility to join our team on 3rd Shift. Pay starting at $21.45/ hour depending on experience. The position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The Fabrication Utility is responsible for ensuring consistent and timely production of parts through the various work centers in the Fabrication Dept. The incumbent will direct and enable the flow of work through the department, fills in on machines as needed, assumes a leadership role within the assigned area of responsibility and works from Process Control Sheets, Engineering blueprints, Work Orders, and Product Quality Guidelines.
Making what matters work
at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an
environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and
every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full
potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Fill in on any machines during peak production times or in the absence of the regular operator.
- Assume a leadership role in working with Manufacturing Engineering and Product Engineering Departments in the startup of new equipment, and the fabrication of special, new or prototype products.
- Be responsible for the continued improvement of work practices and procedures in all areas, by resolving fabrication or quality problems; Reporting and assisting supervision in correcting engineering and material problems.
- Aid supervision in controlling production flow to the various machines to insure material arrives at the next work station in a timely manner, makes work assignments for employees to insure this happens, and may schedule work in the absence of the supervisor.
- Inspect completed parts and assist employees in maintaining standards and procedures expected in fabrication of products.
- Assist supervision in the training of new employees and the introduction of new procedures and equipment to established employees.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have completed High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within (50 miles) of facility will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 1 year of experience working in a fabrication working environment
- 1 year of leadership experience
- 1 year of experience reading plant specifications, drawings, blueprints, process sheets, Microsoft Office, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No