Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeing a Deburrer to join our team. This is a 1st Shift Position, based in North Charleston, SC
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Perform repetitive manual deburring and polishing operations, keeping parts in quality compliance and following manufacturing process steps.
Rework parts that have damage from the manufacturing process.
Follow control/process plan to determine which deburr tools to utilize.
Deburr outside of required parts (tops of bores, O.D. edges, Kingsbury slots, break edge on oil holes and counter bores, etc.)
Inspect parts and ensure the proper finish and/or flatness
Perform set up and operate the coining press and drill press machines.
Visually inspect parts determining defects (i.e. machining operations, rust vs. heat-treat scale, etc.) and advise supervision of issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- One (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in machining, deburring, honing or lapping parts in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Charleston, SC facility (zip code 29418) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Familiar with machines tools, production methods and shop practices preferred.
- Ability to learn equipment and processes for fabrication of aerospace parts, produce parts in accordance with the production plans, sketches and/or verbal instructions. Ability to maintain close tolerance dimensions on critical parts.
- Knowledge of dimensional measuring instrumentations and use of such tools to verify actual measurements of machined dimensions and features.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sketches, manufacturing routings, procedures, and routers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills a must.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No