Eaton’s Power Systems Division is hiring a Production Supervisor. The Production Supervisor will be based from our Nacogdoches, TX location.
This is a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor who will direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, inventory and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business. Driving all of the above processes & metrics utilizing the Eaton Business System.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage department operations and prioritize production requirements
- Facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors
- Review daily in-process production reports to determine and assign machine priorities
- Assign daily work schedules for direct and indirect labor - employees
- Monitor and provide coaching follow-up for employees performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor machinery, equipment and facility and initiate maintenance work orders, as required, to ensure efficient, effective and safe working conditions
- Coordinate and maintain associate clerical files regarding attendance, overtime equalization, vacation, training and time-off requests.
- Conduct daily department meetings with employee and team leads regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
- Provide training resources within the department for training new employees.
- Create and maintain working relationships with employees initiating employee engagement.
- Interpret and consistently apply all company safety policies and procedures
- Lead cross functional team to improve processes and meet plant objectives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 3 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment with 1 year of leadership experience OR High School Diploma/ GED with 15 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with 5 years of leadership experience.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Nacogdoches, TX facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- Physical requirements: Must be able to stand, bend, twist, stoop, climb and lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to interpret policies and other plant communications
- Working knowledge of problem solving tools and lean manufacturing practices – i.e. 5 Why’s, Fishbone diagrams, Brainstorming, Value Stream maps, 8D, 5S
- Experience in large manufacturing environments
- Six sigma/ green belt certification
- 3+ years leadership experience
- Experience leading cost savings initiatives or continuous improvement efforts within cross functional teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time