Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a motivated individual to join its team as an Non-Destructive Test (NDT) Technician- 2nd Shift. This position is based at our facility in Jackson Michigan. Relocation benefits may be offered for candidates residing within the hiring country that reside outside of 50 miles of Jackson, Michigan.
The NDT technician shall safely perform all Non-Destructive Test (NDT) related work within the focused factory including, but not limited to Visual Inspection (VI), Penetrant Testing or Fluorescent Penetrant Testing (PT or FPI), and Radiographic Testing (RT), and follow all safety and team guidelines to produce parts that will meet or exceed Eaton and customer specifications. Pay for this position is $26.11/hr plus a $.70 shift differential for working on 2nd shift. This position will be on second shift (4pm-12:30am) with training occurring during first shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform all RT and PT Level 1 & 2 duties as defined by applicable standards NAS410 and Eaton Quality Assurance Procedure QAP18.0H8.
- Perform visual inspection as defined by Eaton Engineering Standards.
- Interpret codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the NDT method(s) utilized (customer documents, industry standards, etc.)
- Follow procedures and perform operations associated with core duties.
- Complete job performance measurements associated with productivity and quality.
- Accurately complete inspection forms, logs, records and check sheets in any format (i.e. from paper to computer) for the monitoring of the factory.
- May be assigned to training of other employees.
- Perform various preventative maintenance tasks and specified process control checks to maintain control of processes and equipment.
- Perform defined 5S actions in and around NDT areas as assigned.
- Work on cross functional Lean/Continuous Improvement Teams to improve manufacturing process efficiency and customer quality and delivery performance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum education of a high school diploma or GED completion from an accredited institution is required.
- Must meet all qualification requirements of NAS410, Certification and Qualification of Nondestructive Test Personnel, including but not limited to successful completion of Level 2 examination in the PT and RT methods of NDT, as specified therein.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
- Must be capable of performing all job duties.
- Auditing experience is a plus
- Previous experience in the Aerospace industry is preferred
- Meets requirements of American Welding Society AWS B5.2 (Eaton ACES7136), Certification of Visual Weld Inspection Personnel, including but not limited to successful completion of certification examinations specified therein.
- Must be willing and capable of working on your feet for long periods of time and be able to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Must be capable of meeting the visual acuity requirements of NAS410 and ACES7136 (color and near vision)
- Capable of working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment to help solve NDT issues and continuously improve processes.
- Represent Eaton in a professional manner during interactions with customers and suppliers.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only