Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices Division is currently seeking a Product Manager – Controls & Connectivity Products to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Product Manger position provides leadership in formulation of product line strategy and action programs to enhance sales growth and profitability including new business development for our controls & connectivity product line.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. As a Product Manager, you will:
- Drive new product development through sourcing and/or new product concepts, as well as managing existing product categories to insure quality, market acceptability, financial performance, and completeness of offering.
- Work with commercial marketing team and sales to develop, implement, and refine go-to-market strategies for all connected product lines, including marketing campaigns, channel expansion, and sales force and channel training programs.
- Provide 2nd tier technical support and guidance to the front-line Technical Support group.
- Champion new and refine existing processes to improve business performance; processes include; scenario planning; make vs buy; alignment with other functions; competitive analysis;
- Build and maintain database of market activity, competitor products, trends, and other developments that may impact our products and ability to sell them
- Assume a leadership role in cross-business collaboration to uncover business and technical synergies.
- Analyzing potential development partner relationships for the product line, specifically around Internet of Things (IoT) concept
- Business development – internal and external – identifying and pursuing partnerships, co-development, M&A opportunities etc.
- Lead NPD Product Development for IoT Products through waterline, road mapping, voice of customer events
- Develop technology partnerships to enhance product line depth and breadth
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required
Minimum of five years’ experience in sales, marketing, or engineering.
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience in the Lighting Controls segment
- Experience with wireless and rf communication protocols: Z-Wave, Zigbee, Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and mentor Associate Product Manager in supporting role
- Strong desire to win, highly motivated, detail oriented, and team player
- Ability to analyze the industry, integrate disparate information into a coherent story and actionable strategy
- Ability to lead and influence cross- functional team without direct reporting relationship
- Strong drive for results Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time