Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is hiring for a Project Leader to join our team. This position will be based out of our Fayetteville, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Engineering Project Leader drives program management activities for new product development projects and ensures on-time performance on project deliverables. The incumbent works with cross-functional teams, and develops project schedules to meet time, scope, budget and resource constraints. The incumbent further tracks various activities in stage-gate PROLaunch process and facilitates on-time completion. Upon completion of new product design, development and validation, the incumbent participates in industrialization to ensure seamless product launch.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Drive on-time performance of new product development projects. Apply solid understanding of theories/practices in project management and stage-gate processes. Assist in developing product specifications. Develop project schedules from product specifications to meet time, budget and resource constraints.
- Partner with Sales/Marketing team. Perform financial analysis to identify new product opportunities, including growth or VAVE opportunities. Execute strategies to maintain or improve product line vitality.
- Plan, lead and participate in design, development, validation and industrialization for profitable, reliable and on-time product launch. Host and lead gate review meetings in stage-gate process. Accurately track and report project status and forecast to stake holders, plant and staff managers, and executive managers.
- Effectively facilitate resolution and closure of project-related issues through cross-functional collaborations with Engineering, Sales/Marketing, SCM, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance and other teams. Reduce cycle time of new product launches by achieving planned goals and delivering projects on time and under budget.
- Proactively identify and develop mitigation strategies for project risks. Drive defect-free product launches to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Assist in product compliance to applicable standards and regulations, such as ISO, UL, NEMA, CSA, IEEE, IEC, NEC etc. Support audits by working directly with auditor on the description and definition of engineering and PROLaunch practices related to new product introduction.
- Engage with large-scale programs but typically one at a time, or several small projects with complex features. May manage multiple low-risk projects without direct supervision.
- Tactically execute and functionally direct engineering assignments of moderate scope. May supervise and approve work packages from other engineers or technicians. May provide direction or guidance based on analysis results.
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related technical programs.
- Three or more years of experience in design and development of electromechanical components and assemblies - preferably with a focus on motor control, protection and electrical power distribution.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without any company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechatronics from an accredited institution.
- Design and development experience with focus on motor control, protection and electrical power distribution.
- PMP certification.
- Green Belt in Design for Six Sigma (Black Belt trained/certified a plus)
- Project & process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in driving results with a cross-functional team of indirect reports
- Effective meeting facilitation, oral and written presentation skills
- Proficiency in business finance involving project estimating, capital appropriation requests, budget control, product costing, and make/buy analyses.
- Familiarity and compliance to with relevant codes and standards (UL/CSA, IEEE, IEC, etc.)
- Lean manufacturing and Demand Flow Technology (DMT) philosophies
- Strong PC skills (particularly Excel) and proficient understanding of 3D parametric CAD software.
- Application of concept selection methodologies (e.g. Pugh Matrix) and Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA)
- Working knowledge of various fabrication methodologies such as sheet-metal bending, die-stamping, plastic part molding, screw machine, etc. to assist in developing an entitlement data base for use by design engineers in statistical tolerance analyses.
- Working knowledge of molded-case circuit breakers, variable frequency drives, electromagnetic starters, PLC's and digital communications is desired - including knowledge of motor control circuits and power distribution system one-line diagrams.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time