Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Electrical tester- 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Electrical Tester will verify correct wiring, verify components, program controllers, and conduct electrical testing of switchboard products and components, as required, per applicable test procedure and/or component literature with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Test Switchboard & Panelboard product produced on all lines, according to testing work instructions and in accordance with applicable governmental requirements, to uncover product non-conformances. Document inspections made on applicable checklist
- Utilize High-Pot, continuity tester, trip test kits, test wagon, and component-specific testing devices to perform electrical testing. Verify switches and circuit breakers function properly. Conduct electrical tests per safety and training requirements and procedures. (HiPot, Shunt Trip, component Testing )
- Verify that any revisions released to the production floor regarding wiring are incorporated into the product, all documentation reflects the current revision, and previous revisions of documents are destroyed.
- Ensure that component literature and necessary product documentation are included with the job.
- Document nonconformance’s, which are critical quality records, to aid problem solving and continuous improvement efforts. Communicate production non-conformances to appropriate production personnel in a timely manner and verify required rework. Communicate design errors to appropriate front end personnel for correction, obtain revisions, and verify required rework.
- Ensure that suspect product is identified as such at all times to prevent unintended use.
- Serve as informal trainer for to production personnel.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Mechatronics or related field from an accredited institution OR Military technical school equivalent diploma in a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience performing electrical testing (troubleshooting, circuits, testing electronics, product testing, system diagnosis)
- 1 year of experience wiring Switchboard or Power Distribution products.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship.
- 3 years of experience performing electrical testing (troubleshooting, circuits, testing electronics, product testing, system diagnosis).
- BS in Engineering
- Candidate will need to finish Eaton electrical certification program after hire.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic electricity, current flow, and component functionality.
- Requires thorough knowledge of all assembled SWBD product designs (i.e. PRL-C, PRL-I, IFS, etc.)
- Requires thorough knowledge related to wiring of various components
- Requires thorough knowledge of basic electricity, current flow, component functionality, and assembly processes on all lines. (HiPot , Shunt Trip, component Testing )
- Requires competency in applicable UL codes, NEC codes, regional utility codes, customer-specific requirements.
- Requires the ability to read, comprehend, and interpret manufacturing documents, including front view, MIs, Blow-Thrus, Wiring Diagrams, component literature, engineering drawings, and testing procedures.
- Requires the ability to work with multi-meters, the ability to trouble shoot complex electronics, and to follow established safety procedures.
Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS COMM Commercial
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico