Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Aurora, Colorado facility.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will lead the Human Resources function at this facility establishing solid business partnerships and driving functional excellence. Direct responsibility for approximately 300 employees in the United States, which includes responsibility for all functions across the business including, product management, engineering, manufacturing operations, supply chain, customer support, finance and human resources. Develop, implement and validate Human Resources programs, policies and initiatives aligned with short and long-term business plans. Foster a culture in the organization that promotes employee involvement and engagement and a passion for customer excellence. Reports directly to the General Manager Architectural Products Group and functionally to the HR Director.
- Work with the division leadership, functional leaders and site leadership team to align human resources programs and initiatives with key business objectives. Drive unified plans that support operations and division business, financial and employee engagement objectives.
- As strategic business partner, work with Leadership teams to set direction, priorities and culture expectations.
- Lead cycles of improvement, ensuring alignment of key
programs and initiatives and driving change management plans to maximize
employee ownership and engagement.
Drive HR functional excellence ensuring quality of process and content to achieve goals and objectives.
- Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
- Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management and employee development.
- Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
- Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees.
- Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton values, philosophy and ethics.
- Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal/provincial safety requirements and drive “zero incidents” culture.
- Ensure compliance with all country, provincial, federal and state laws and compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
- Facilitate a culture where best practices are shared across HR and the business and identify opportunities for synergy and integration
- Benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment. Knowledge of relevant local/state/federal/provincial employment laws.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing organization and/or supporting a large remote field sales/service organization.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Business writing expertise.
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to successfully drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
- Commitment to employee engagement and continuous improvement.
- Great organizational skills and demonstrated ability to get results.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred.
- HR certification.
Eaton has announced it has reached an agreement to sell its Lighting Business to Signify N.V.. This transaction is expected to be completed in the first Quarter of 2020 and this position is expected to remain with the Lighting Business and would transfer to Signify N.V. upon close. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when the transaction closes, Signify N.V. will provide further details to employees concerning compensation and benefits at that time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time