Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Depot Repair and Receiving Supervisor to join our team.
This position is based in our Capital Plant Operations in Raleigh, NC facility.
This Depot Repair and Receiving Supervisor will be responsible for providing vision, direction, and daily management of the Depot Repair that is responsible for the repair, refurbishment, and testing of single and three phase Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPSs), sub-assemblies, and printed circuit boards (PCBs). This position also manages the Receiving function for the Capital Plant Operations, ensuring that all transactions and physical moves are done within established financial guidelines and meet state and federal laws as well as customer and company requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will:
- Manage the depot repair and receiving teams, owing performance management, talent acquisition, employee engagement, training for the team.
- Engage your direct reports in manufacturing initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S+, pull systems, empowered work teams and structured problem solving.
- Lead the receiving team to ensure all receipts are completed on a daily basis.
- Schedule inbound shipments as required.
- Provide feedback to internal and external customers on receipts while assessing and developing processes to adhere to FIFO requirements.
- Establish processes to improve the material movement, and accuracy of inventory management and processing.
- Be responsible for meeting operational performance objectives in areas such as; Safety, Quality, Order Fulfillment, Productivity, Cost, and Eaton Lean System.
- Drive cost out, flexibility and agility in the organization.
- Communicate with customers on demands, quality issues, deadlines, quotes and commitments, whether verbal or face-to-face, deals with their expectations and concerns while negotiating actions to be taken on pertinent issues.
- Apply continuous improvement tools and methodologies that facilitate the upgrade of technical expertise and technology within the Repair Depot and Receiving areas.
- Seek out and build cross functional working relationships with other key stakeholder groups such as supplier development, supply chain management, product engineering, product quality engineers, new product introduction teams, customer service teams and product line managers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Marketing from an accredited institution.
- 5 years’ experience in progressive Supply Chain functions.
- 2 years’ experience in Direct Leadership.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefits are offered for this role so all candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Raleigh, NC. Active Duty military personnel are exempt from any geographic restrictions.
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- SAP experience
- Experience working in a Distribution Center
- Experience within an electronic manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of both domestic and international transportation/logistics/supply chain concepts and strategies.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency with the use of test material.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and build effective teams.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel, educate product users, and present information to customers and senior managers.
- Ability to successfully interface with all organizational levels.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and positive support of standard personnel and administrative policies, practices and legal requirements pertaining to business operations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time