Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Maintenance & Tooling Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, Wisconsin facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Maintenance & Tooling Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of Skilled Trade employees to meet safety, quality and production goals of the facility. In this role, you will organize, plan and monitor the repair, replacement, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of equipment and tooling, work with Skilled Trades and Operations on team work assignments and priorities and identify, plan and execute individual and team training initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead the maintenance team in maintaining and repair of various types of equipment including, but not limited to vacuum brazing, epoxy molding, machining and assembly equipment, conveyance, fans, blowers, motors, pumps, cylinders and the control systems utilized within.
- Lead the tooling team in developing, maintaining and repairing tooling including but not limited to epoxy molds, fixtures, gauges, assembly carts, tools and tool holders.
- Support product & process development projects to ensure design for manufacturability and a flawless production launch. Lead and participate on PROLaunch projects (NPI, VAVE, STP, BPI, and/or AIF).
- Support capital investment process through participation in setting strategy, defining projects and executing upon assignments.
- Plan and direct scheduled or unplanned maintenance and tooling activities and establish priorities in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Actively participate in lean and continuous improvement activities related to the facility including utilization of predictive, preventive, and condition-based maintenance methodologies.
- Establish and plan staffing requirements to ensure support of the operations including management of outside contractors.
- Manage inventory of spare parts, supplies and materials required for effective maintenance and improvement of the facility, equipment and tooling.
- Lead MESH (Safety) categories that correspond to maintenance and facility activities.
- Ensure information flow to staff on all company activities, policies, etc.
- Perform other related tasks and assignments, as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
Minimum 2 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
Experience managing outside service contractors
Experience with SAP planning and ordering functions
Position Success Criteria:
Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sound decisions
Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
Lean/Six Sigma Certification
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time