If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineering Specialist - Electronics in Eaton’s Research Labs, based in Shanghai, China.
Eaton’s Research Labs(the Labs) has an exciting and rewarding position of Lead Engineer in Power Conversion to initiate, lead, and support research and technology development in emerging technology programs. The job function includes developing and testing innovative power conversion solutions and identifying market opportunities for the new technologies, support businesses to evaluate market studies and develop business cases. The individual also needs to support to identify internal and external funding resources, participate in discussions with national labs and university leaders to be on top of the key technologies identified. This role also needs to support to build customer relationships, present ideas and projects to Eaton business leaders and the Labs leadership. Ability to communicate complicated technologies in a clear and concise way to a variety of different audiences (business leaders, technical colleagues and lay people). A good blend of technical knowledge and strong business acumen is preferred to be successful in this position. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Technology Manager of PST. This position is in Shanghai, China.
Support technology strategy and execution for emerging power conversion & power system solutions based on breakthrough technologies in industrial, automotive, truck, eMobility and aerospace applications. This includes acquiring resources, funding and establishing key partnerships both internally and externally to drive technological advancement.
Responsible for meeting the schedule, scope, cost and technical targets for all research and development efforts under his/her control.
- Identify, analyze, develop and validate advanced technologies in the fields of Power Conversion.
- Lead global technology programs utilizing Eaton’s product development processes including Business Reviews, Technology Reviews, and Project Reviews.
- Lead technology development projects, coordinate global teams (Eaton Business Divisions, Universities, National Labs and Customers).
- Create project plans, manage budgets and resources of sub-tasks, and deliver results on budget and schedule.
- Manage stakeholder relationships - Business Divisions in China and globally.
- Build on global organizational capabilities in power conversion.
- Invited to partner with sales during customer visits discussing customer needs, Eaton capabilities and future technologies
If you have:
- 5 years for Ph.D. or 8 years for M.S.
- Broad understanding of power electronics technologies and its application in power conversion areas.
- Extensive experience with power semiconductor devices, gate drive technologies, thermal management, AC/DC, DC/DC and DC/AC power converter topologies, design and control strategies.
- Extensive experience with high-power power electronics system hardware design, development, and verification
- Extensive experience with control algorithm implementation and verification in embedded platforms.
- Experience with magnetics in power electronics like high frequency transformer, high frequency inductor, CT, hall sensor.
- Experience with EMI/EMC analysis and filter design
- Highly preferred strong technical publication and invention record
- Product experiences preferred.
- Understands risks and is able to set key milestones for technology development
- Can assess trade-offs between business needs and solutions and influence business strategy
- Active leadership in a technical or industry event/group (ex: serve as a co-chair for a session at a technical conference)
- Excellent English communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Expected to have experience taking more than one new application though new product introduction
- Expected to be a DFSS Black Belt
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: CTO Corporate Technology Office
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time