Eaton Corporation’s Power Distribution and Control Assemblies Division, (PDCA) has an opening for an Accounting Manager located at the El Paso, TX shared CDPA/PDCA Electrical Assemblies site.
The position reports directly to the El Paso Plant Controller and functionally to the MCC Business Operations Manager. This role is a new role and will mutually support the overall location in terms of financial controls and building/compliance of consistent processes as well as be the financial lead for the MCC Business operations and the performance of the MCC p4002 ledger.
This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decisions, actions and improvements in operational and financial results for the MCC business. The Accounting Manager provides proactive leadership around issues and opportunities including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, operational metrics and financial controls. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The Accounting Manager will provide technical competency to ensure location support and compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, SOX and GAAP. This individual is responsible for supporting administrative process improvements within the plant and MCC Business Operations, creates and implements procedures to improve the internal control environment and streamlines efforts to provide increased transparency of financial results. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage all aspects of accounting with financial accountability for ledger p4002.
- Periodically coordinate with and receives guidance from MCC headquarters staff in Fayetteville, NC with regards to MCC financial forecasts, results and actions.
- Manage against the financial goals by providing comparison of performance to plans and developing insight on significant shortcomings.
- Direct the development of the strategic plan and profit plan input to parent ledgers.
- Provide strategic direction and a strong business partnership with the various El Paso Plant and Division MCC Leadership Teams.
- Analyze financial performance data and works closely with the MCC Business Operations Manager to recommend actions and strategies pertinent to measured performance
- Oversee the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Actively be involved in the cost reduction opportunities for the plant and MCC Operations.
- Analyze financial viability of capital expenditure programs and headcount requirements.
- Ensure the organization’s financial integrity and internal controls are intact, through the deployment of Eaton Financial tools, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Apply concepts of lean environment to administrative functions within accounting as applicable
- Leverage existing and develop new inventory control procedures to ensure accuracy of physical inventory on hand.
- Execute job performance margin analysis based on SOP/VISTA data.
- Support MAPICS inter-site logistics implementation (steel and parts distribution from Juarez and Fayetteville).
Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an accounting and/or finance
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Experience with global supply chain and/or sourcing
- Experience working for large, multinational manufacturing organization
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong leadership abilities experienced in working in a matrix managed environment.
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel user
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time