Eaton’s Vehicle Division is currently seeking a Quality Technician on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based in our Roxboro, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Use Roxboro’s Quality Management System, control plans, SPC/Reaction charts, and verification records
Receive inspection and out-going dock audits of components for production use
Use complicated gaging, CMM’s, and inspection special gaging
Gage R&R studies, part layouts, complicated computerized data entry for SPC applications and calibrations
Keep accurate, traceable records as well as daily filing of complete forms and reports
Inspect and release heat treat lots using specialized equipment
Manage and use the Non-conforming Material tracking system
Leak-down test, viscosity test, debris filtration checks and other specialized tests
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Roxboro, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Ability to interpret drawings, select proper equipment, set up equipment and perform accurate inspections and tests. Direction from the supervisor in these areas of the job should generally not be required even when new part numbers or jobs are encountered.
- Ability to lift loads weighing as much as 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must have competent math skills required to perform capability studies, maintain X-R charts, plotting, lot plotting, histograms, set-up approval sheets, manual R & R calculations, etc.
- Working knowledge of computers and computer software including Enovia, Windows, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required. Experience/training in Autocad is preferred. Database experience is a plus. A working knowledge of measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers and thread gages is required. However, the job will include the use of CMM, spring testers, hardness testers, optical comparators and other metrology lab equipment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No