Eaton’s Power System division is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Querétaro facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Develops the project scope and requirements, tracking and managing changes in scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Estimates, manages and tracks, project costs, and capital spending against established targets.
- Establishes and maintains metrics for project financials, quality, technical performance and delivery through all PROLaunch phases.
- Manages multiple projects and activities simultaneously to meet defined objectives while prioritizing and resolving conflicts.
- Defines and delineates work breakdown for all functional areas
- Leads and manages an Integrated Project Team (IPT) in a functional matrix environment. Directs others without formal reporting relationships across multiple functions and/or sites.
- Implements effective risk management. Works with the IPT to identify project risks then proactively formulate and execute risk mitigation actions.
- Integrates all requirements, risks and goals into a complete, integrated project plan , PROLaunch
- Coordinates root-cause investigations and plans & tracks corrective action implementation
- Contribute in the EBS Pull to ensure targets and action lines are aligned with the strategy, ensuring projects are defined on critical opportunities.
- Lead Monthly internal review to define actions plan to achieve monthly targets, PROLaunch
- Present in DGC projects status.
- Sharing of best practices as result of internal and external benchmarking activities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree: in Engineering fields
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related fields. Combined experience in project management, product engineering or product design
- Experience in project management or product engineering.
- Strong analytical, and customer focus skills
- Experience with resource planning, budget management, Project management software tools.
- Proficient English communication skills
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Operational Excellence Functional Competencies.
- PMP, Project Management Professional
- PROLaunch (APQP)
- Analytical/Statistical Tools & Methods
- ELSS Tools
- Manufacturing and business Processes
- World class manufacturing concepts
- Cost Deployment
- Development in PMP.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to develop financial and resource models for projects and activities.
- Ability to identify project risk, develop risk mitigation plans and then implement those plans.
- Develop and implement positive employee relations (Eaton Philosophy) to encourage employee involvement and to create an environment in which employees see no need for third party intervention.
- Ability to work & lead in a highly ambiguity environment
- Participate actively in Eaton’s initiatives such as community, communication, diversity and wellness.
- Strong leadership skills, must can lead their organization on a continuous journey of sustained improvement.
- Proactive & results driven
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No