Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), you will provide
- HR guidance and support to the Information Technology (IT) leaders and their teams across EMEA,
- HR projects and administration support for the EMEA Headquarter and sites in Switzerland.
In line with the Global IT strategy and priorities, the HRBP drives the EMEA functional talent management strategy, organizational effectiveness, talent assessment/selection, and any employee relations management within the function in partnership with field HR partners and the Global HR Business Partner for IT. As a member of the IT EMEA leadership team, you will help to establish functional goals and strategic plan, particularly as related to human capital needs.
As a member of the HR Corporate & Electrical Functions Team in EMEA, you actively participate in the implementation of the team’s HR strategy, collaborate closely with the team’s HR Business Partners and HR Specialist, lead and collaborate on HR projects as required, and provide support on key administrative and tactical HR activities in Switzerland by leveraging on centralized resources (e.g. HR Services, COEs) and field HR partners.
Your key deliverables :
· Business partner _ Act as business partner, solution provider, advisor and counselor for the functional leader and team. Understand and contribute to the business strategies and identify opportunities to improve organizational capability. Act as a role model and sponsor for Eaton Values and Philosophy. Support Employee Relations activities by working with management to resolve conflict or controversy to facilitate achievement of established business objectives.
· Change agent _ Champion organization change to facilitate alignment of human capital plans to the function’s strategic plan. Drive culture change to align the organization with the strategy.
· Compliance & Governance _ Ensure Eaton’s internal processes, country laws and applicable labor relations requirements are communicated, understood and complied with within the functions and countries.
HR Functional Excellence _
a. Build organizational capability to meet the current and future needs of the business; utilize data including OCA (Organizational Capability Assessment) to assess and address functional talent development needs, including succession planning, talent acquisition, organization design, diversity, retention and tracking of OCA actions.
b. Work in conjunction with the dedicated functional leaders and teams to advance functional excellence (culture, employee engagement); develop and support functional learning resources; develop training plan and deliver trainings as required; advise on functional competencies, developmental tools, methodologies, standardized job descriptions, functional colleges and other learning practices.
c. Ensure that all HR activities and programs are implemented in accordance with Eaton’s HR strategy and the Function’s strategy in collaboration with centralized resources (e.g., HR Services, COEs). These include: talent acquisition; talent management & organizational effectiveness; employee survey; compensation & benefits; mobility; rewards & recognition ; performance management; inclusion and diversity; health, safety and employee wellness; human resources administration; human resource information systems; payroll; employee communications; employment/industrial/labor relations; right-sizing activities; mergers, acquisitions & divestitures activities; HR governance.
HR project and Swiss HR administration support
a. Lead and collaborate on HR projects as required.
b. Control payroll runs each month for Morges & Le Lieu sites with complete and timely information regarding changes to be reflected in payroll to ensure these are handled in a timely manner with zero mistake.
c. Act as a back-up to the HR Specialist in all HR administrative processes
d. Support the HRS implementation project, continuous improvement and maintain close relationship with HRS on all processes impacting Switzerland.
· Team _ Collaborate with the team of Corporate & Electrical HR Business Partners and Specialists to optimize / leverage standard work and support across the functions for items such as wellness, I&D, communications, Leadership Development, HR Services etc. Drive continuous improvement within the HR Corporate & Electrical Functions Team and deliver on assigned projects. Act as a backup from team members as required.
Do you have / Are you?
· Bachelor Degree in HR or equivalent HR certification
· >5 years’ experience in multi-national HR Operational environment across EMEA
· Experience in partnering with leadership to create and drive tactical HR, in coaching and advising executives on business’ critical issues
· Exposure to Organization Development, including Organizational Change Management, Compensation, Talent Acquisition, Talent Assessment, and Employment Law coupled with practical savvy for coaching management on these topics and applying the knowledge to training and deployment.
· Experience in driving organizational, cultural and continuous improvement changes and project management in a matrix organization
· Fluent English mandatory. French strongly preferred.
· Ability to work independently and as a team player
· Strong organizing and prioritizing skills
· Customer service orientation
· Experience in HR administration coordination and payroll management
· Exposure to the manufacturing and power management industry a plus
· Other European language a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication, decision-making and interpersonal skills
· Extremely detail-oriented and possess the ability to follow through on projects until completion
· Strong drive for results, initiative and pro-activeness
· Willing to learn and develop personally and professionally
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time