Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Senior Sales Representative for its Crouse-Hinds Division to join our team. This position is based in the Birmingham, AL area.
This position is responsible for the development and realization of a portion of the Birmingham territory sales plan. To achieve this, the individual will develop and execute a Regional Operating Plan (ROP) built on input from channel partners and end-users that focuses on growth from buying agent activities, channel conversions, specification influence and New Product Introduction (NPI) opportunities.
Technical product expertise with a specification mindset is needed to impact end-user buying and spec documents on both existing and new product introductions. As the electrical industry's global leader for products that are explosion proof and for hazardous environments, Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED and Iot Connected devices), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products and commercial construction solutions, intrinsically safe isolators and barriers and hazardous area communication devices.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop a territory sales plan to obtain a greater share of market by obtaining orders for existing products and new products that meet or exceed assigned quotas.
- Create a demand (specifications) for Crouse-Hinds products with potential and assigned accounts classified as: industrial, electrical contractor, constructor, architect/engineer and government.
- Plan and allocate time for sales activities with each distributor, major account, and to each major job, in an assigned territory or on assigned accounts based on sales potential.
- Maintain adequate records to control selling activities, expenses, and to insure proper care of all Crouse-Hinds property assigned.
- Be familiar with competitor’s products and prices, and continuously increase knowledge of Crouse-Hinds products and their application advantages to customer needs.
- Conduct user investigations, train, provide support to Crouse-Hinds Sales teams and focused distributors
- Work with product line managers to investigate, sell and provide voice of customer feedback on all new product and market possibilities
- Have specific targets for sales, training, and key customer development.
- Develop relationships with major distributor partners in Industrial channel.
- Implement major growth programs with channel partners.
- Execute share gains resulting from strategic growth initiatives at major end user customer base.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years sales experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Birmingham, AL to be considered
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Technical Sales from an accredited university
- Experience selling into electrical or heavy industrial markets
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial product sales
- Five (5) years of related sales experience.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time